Share 2014 Volunteers
Our Biggest Need: Phone Data Entry
Our biggest need is for phone data entry (PDE) volunteers at our St. Petersburg studios, February 18-21 between the hours of 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. Join us for a morning, midday, afternoon, evening shift or more. Thank you for considering being a part of the team!
Here is the PDE volunteer’s role:
PDE volunteers are seated at computers with telephones that connect to headsets like those used by operators, receptionists or phone bank workers. As listeners call into Share with financial commitments, PDE volunteers answer the calls and type the information into the computer.
Part of the process is to attempt to match the caller with information that is already in our database. A script is on the computer screen along with instructions to provide a straightforward process to gather information.
Suited for the Task?
Here are the qualifications:
- Comfortable talking on the phone while being courteous and polite and able to speak with a clear voice
- Manual dexterity to work with a standard computer mouse and keyboard
- Able to type 20-30 words per minute accurately
- Able to talk to the caller and type data into the computer at the same time
- Comfortable with software on Microsoft Windows computers (E-mailing and Web browsing demonstrates sufficient computer experience)
- Hear well in a noisy environment
- Eyesight (corrected) that allows you to work at a computer screen
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
Available for a minimum of four hours per shift (if possible)
Sign Up Now
Volunteers are needed Feb. 18-21 (Tuesday-Friday), from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. If you are interested in volunteering, please indicate the days and times you are available on our volunteer form. Be sure to indicate a.m. and p.m. when listing times available.
Moody Radio Florida
5800 100th Way North
St. Petersburg, FL 33708